What is Discover?
Discover is a program that invites freshman, sophomore and junior participants to:
- examine graduate education opportunities and career trends by discipline
- discover the benefits of pursuing an advanced degree in their particular fields
- explore strategies for academic success both as an undergraduate and a graduate student
- and learn about paid summer research opportunities
The Discover Program prepares students for the McNair Scholars Program application process;a program that prepares talented eligible juniors and seniors for graduate studies through a series of activities during their paid research internship.
Am I Eligible?
The eligibility for the Discover program is the same eligibility for the McNair Scholars Program:
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Freshman or sophomore with a cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above
- And qualify as either:
- A first generation college student [custodial parent(s) has not received a bachelor’s degree or higher] who also has a specified income level and/or
- A member of a group underrepresented in graduate education; (American Indian, Black/African-American, Hispanic or Latino/a, Native/Pacific Islander, or Alaskan Native)
How Can I Get Involved?
Fill out the brief online application. In general, our meetings are one hour, once a month. This small time commitment can provide large dividends! We’ll then contact you and continue on from there. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
- Discover Applications
- Join Discover (Application opens at the start of each Fall semester)
- Brochure (.pdf)
- Upcoming Events
For more information contact our graduate assistant, email@example.com